About Walt Clark
Principal: Christine Smith
2605 Carlisle Dr. Loveland, CO 80537
Phone: 970 613-5400
- As a STEM infused culture, Walt Clark Middle School will academically challenge and support each student to be a problem solver of the 21st century.
- WCMS provides:
- Rigorous and Relevant Learning
- Community Connections
- College and Career Exploration
- Inclusive and Supportive Climate and Culture
- We A.R.E. Cougars: Achieve, Respect, Engage
- Black and Gold
- Walt Clark Middle School was named after Walter Clark, a teacher and coach from Loveland High School from 1944-1966.
- The school is one of the smaller schools in the district and is located on the west side of the Thompson School District. We are a STEM focused, student-centered, supportive learning community for each of our students. Teachers and staff take great pride in working with students on their academics as well as their social emotional learning.
- We have problem-based learning opportunities across all content areas that support our STEM focus and rigorous and relevant learning. We also pride ourselves in our athletic and extra-curricular options.
- STEM X pathways for our STEM program; Agriculture and Construction, Transportation and Robotics and Creative Arts, Media, and Design
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination); school wide focus for instructional strategies and organization. We also offer AVID elective for students identified for math advancement and possible high school algebra credit at the 8th
- Give Next Leader Lab; Inspiring Youth Building Community - Give Next is a school-based youth grantmaking program for middle and high school students in Larimer County.
- Greenhouse; Walt Clark is the only school in the district that has a full size and operating greenhouse for students to learn about horticulture and different ways in which to grow plants. We host a community greenhouse sale each spring that sells different vegetables and flowers that are grown by our students.
- Extra-Curricular: LUC, WEB, Student Council, Chess Club, Art Club, Math Counts, Yearbook
- AVID Certified School
- No Place for Hate since 2006
- Spelling Bee Winners
- Wrestling State Champs
- Crystal Apple Teacher Awards
- Rotary Teacher of the Month recipients
- District and State Science Fair winners
- Jostens National Yearbook Winner